Thursday, August 28, 2008

Leadership

My Random thought on Leadership

Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either]. Hebrews 13:17 Amplified

I find interesting in this verse is that - submit - is what we do as we recognize their authority. It's a reminder that our leaders really do have authority and they have to give an account.

Basically, if I leader fails to exercise his/her authority properly then they are derelict of their duty and obligation to you and the Lord.

Next time my leaders decide to exercise a little authority over me, maybe I should remember this and submit.

What do you think?
..

No comments: