Monday, July 16, 2012

Random Picture of Love

Those that know me, know that I live in a 'Glass House' and I am careful "not to throw rocks".  I'm also very aware that any position that we take will either attract or repel.

A friend of mine posted a picture to Facebook.  I refused to post it on this blog because it is offensive.  It was broken into four parts.  3 of them showed couples kissing (guy/girl; guy/guy; girl/girl)  Under each of those captions it said "this is love".   The fourth section had some people with picket signs that said "God Hates Fags" and the caption said "this isn't".   I almost posted directly on this photo but thought it would cause animosity since my position might not be popular for my friend's friends.

In situations like this it seems that our opinions should either be one way or the other...  Jump on the 'band wagon'...  or "left vs right".   These are the times were I feel like the square peg in the round hole.  Simply said..   I disagree with their picture on FB.

That a single picture of some 'homo-phobs" be used to represent God's positions on anything makes me nauseous.  Maybe more disturbing is that some would actually consider that they actually speak for God.   God has already spoken!!!  Today I'm glad that there isn't a dislike/disapprove button on FB since it may seems then I agree with 'gay-bashers'. 



On the other hand let me be clear;  None of the images above represent Love either.  The idea that love is defined by "a kiss"... is honestly SAD!!

Do we need a physical outward demonstration of Love?
If so try this one on...      "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  (Romans 5:8)

No comments: